The Hood River Lions’ Club is offering five $1,000.00 scholarships to qualified graduating high school seniors in Hood River County who are planning to attend a community college or vocational/trade school. These scholarships are for students who are planning an associate/certificate program, NOT a transfer degree (bachelor’s).
A committee of Lions’ Club members will determine the recipients for the ten scholarships. The committee’s decisions are final. The scholarships will be payable upon successful completion of one term (quarter, semester, etc.) and on-going enrollment in a post-high school educational program. Checks will be mailed to the school’s financial aid office. Checks will be mailed no earlier than January 30, 2023. The student has up to one year after January 1, 2023 to claim the scholarship, but must notify the Lions’ Club if he or she does not intend to claim it immediately.
- Attend a two-year community college, vocational or trade school
- Show career and leadership growth potential
- Have a history of service to the community/school
- Have high integrity and moral standards
Outside activities, such as home and job responsibilities, along with civic and church involvement, will be given equal consideration with extra-curricular activities. Financial need should not be a factor.
- Essay: Discuss your desire to enter a community college or vocational program vs. a four-year degree. State your anticipated career choice.
- Three confidential evaluation forms:
- One from a teacher or school administrator,
- One from a community member and
- One from an employer.
You may add any other information you feel will be helpful to the scholarship committee.
I give permission to use my name and picture in any news or promotional materials in the event I am selected to receive a scholarship award.