The instructions listed below are for students applying to scholarships. If you have been asked to submit a Confidential Evaluation Form on behalf of a student and have questions, please email Raenell Rafferty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A Confidential Evaluation Form is a tool that allows a scholarship committee to get to know applicants through the eyes of a teacher, coach, employer or mentor. Because the form is confidential, the CEF is the only form that students do not submit. Instead, students will need to make a request to a teacher (etc.) to complete and submit the form on their behalf.
Students must make all requests for Confidential Evaluation Forms by Thursday, February 17.
Note: Teachers will receive dozens of requests for Confidential Evaluation Forms. CEFs take time, effort, and careful consideration. Students are encouraged to make any requests as soon as possible.
Instructions for Requesting Confidential Evaluation Forms:
- Verify that the scholarship requires a Confidential Evaluation Form (CEF). Do not request a confidential evaluation form for a scholarship that does not require one.
- Read the scholarship criteria carefully and note:
- The number of Confidential Evaluation Forms required
- Whether the scholarship requires specific people to be your reference (church member, employer, coach, music teacher, etc.)
- If your request is for HRV or HROA staff email them directly and include the following:
- Your official transcript attached as a PDF
- Your Activities Chart attached as a PDF
- Indicate the name of the scholarship(s) requiring their CEF and link the scholarship information
- Copy and paste the scholarship information directly from the scholarship page into the body of the email
- If your request is for someone outside of HRV or HROA (employer, Coach, Club Leader, etc.):
- Ask the individual if they will complete and submit a Confidential Evaluation on your behalf. If they agree…
- Ask your CEF volunteer what their preferred email address is.
- Let your CEF volunteer know to expect an email from Ms. Rafferty containing further instructions.
- Email Ms. Raenell Rafferty (email@example.com) and include the following information for the individual:
- Full name and honorific (e.g. Dr, Ms, Mrs, Mx, Mr)
- Preferred email address
- Always give the person completing a CEF as much notice as possible.
- Do not wait for the deadline to request a CEF.
- Ask if there is any other information they would like you to provide about your classes, activities, etc.
- If you decide not to apply for a scholarship, let them know immediately.
- Always send a thank you note regardless of whether you receive the scholarship.
Sample Email Request for Confidential Evaluation Form
Dear Mrs. Tonn,
Thank you for your help in Keys to Math and I really appreciate you willing to be a recommender for me for the local scholarships. Since you haven’t had to do a recommendation for me before, I am including my transcript and activities chart/resume. I’m applying for the following scholarships that need a confidential evaluation form (CEF):
- Cascade Eye Center – Cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher, Must be pursuing a 4-year degree with a major in the medical field.
- HRCEF Marie Asai Memorial – Must be a female HRVHS student, Applicant has passed a minimum of 1 semester of AP Calculus. Seniors enrolled in the second semester of AP calculus must be maintaining a passing grade, Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, Applicant intends to pursue a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) major.