Since 1873, the Oregon State Grange has been a grassroots, non-partisan advocate for agriculture, rural issues, and American values. Mosier is one of many community granges across Oregon that serve local needs by volunteering countless hours and making the hall a social center for the community. The Mosier Grange is a family-friendly, nonpartisan, and nondenominational, with membership open to all. With roots in the Mosier community, they bring neighbors together to meet local needs by hosting an annual community blossom dinner, supporting a family shelter, supporting the Mosier Community School and its garden, hosting funeral and memorial dinners, supporting our local 4-H program, and providing a location for various community meetings and activities.
The scholarship will be awarded after successful completion of the first semester or quarter at the scholarship recipient’s school of choice. Scholarship recipient must submit a copy of their first semester/quarter grade slip or school transcript.
- Student must live within the Mosier School District boundary
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Graduating High School Senior
- Essay 1: Discuss how you have demonstrated responsibility in one of the following – community, church, school, or at home. (300 words or less)
- Essay 2: Discuss what your plans are after high school. For example, what post-high school training/education do you plan to seek? What is your chosen major and why did you choose this as a major? (300 words or less)
- Short-Answer: Are there any circumstances in your family that cause you to have a strong need financially for college? Please explain.