A 2007 Hood River Valley high school graduate, Susanna worked for many years around the causes of Peace and Justice for all. This scholarship is in her memory for her great works.
The Columbia River Fellowship for Peace is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to Peace and Justice on several levels: self, family, school, workplace, and community. We give emotional support, share information, promote nonviolent conflict resolution, and act to rid ourselves of the global threat of militarization. By making this commitment, we vitalize the creative potential within all of us and work to ensure our survival as a living planet. This is our mission.
- Applicant is an HRVHS senior
- The student plans to study in the areas of peace and justice, such as: Human and Civil Rights groups, NGO’s, Peace Corp, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
- Essay: Please respond to the questions below (double-spaced):
- Please write about your educational history: what schools you attended, course of studies, community classes, workshops, apprenticeships or life experiences which contributed to your overall academic knowledge base.
- Please write about Peace and Justice Activities in which you have participated and how they have contributed to your interests and convictions: clubs, committees, workshops, demonstrations, trainings, books/writings, etc.
- Please describe how you would use the scholarship money to further your involvement in Peace and Justice work. For example, are you planning on attending college and taking courses in Peace and Justice; or want to use it to create a project, or work with a special organization.
- By whatever creative means you are inspired, please prepare and submit to us your ideas about how to bring about a more peaceful and Just World. For example, if you like video making, make us a video or music, write a song, take some photographs, or write an essay.
- Two Confidential Evaluation Forms:
- One from an instructor
- One from a community member (may not be a relative)