The Rosenback Family first settled in Cascade Locks in 1910 when Karl Hendrik Rosenback immigrated from Finland. It was in Cascade Locks that he met his future wife Selma Angerman who coincidentally had also immigrated from Finland. Karl went on to become police chief, fire chief, and water district manager of Cascade Locks. Karl and Selma had two children, Hank and Helen. Hank remained in Cascade Locks, married Dorothy Goodrich and raised their three children in town; Gayle graduated from CLHS in 1956, John in 1961 and Jim in 1966.
All the Rosenback Family members had a deep love for the community. John Rosenback’s bequest was instrumental in setting up this scholarship after his passing in 2019. His sister Gayle Rosenback Darr contributed additional funds to further enhance this endowed scholarship.
One $1500 scholarship for use by a continuing college student enrolled at a two or four year college/university or vocational/trade school. The student must be a graduate of Hood River Valley High School who lived in Cascade Locks while attending high school.
- HRVHS Graduate who lived within the Cascade Locks designated boundary while attending Hood River Valley High School.
- Must have completed one year of college/university or vocational/trade school
Students will be scored according to the % shown:
- Two Confidential Evaluation Forms from adults who are not relatives (15%)
- Interview: scored on preparedness and merit. (15%)
- Personal Statement (25%)
- Academic achievement (25%)
- Financial Need. (20%)