In cooperation with the Hood River County Education Foundation
AVID is a college preparatory program that provides academic support and college guidance to historically underserved students. These students demonstrate a willingness to work hard for their college dreams and have dedicated themselves to becoming a strong college student through a robust set of criteria and obligations. Academic, extra-curricular, and community service requirements must be met to continue on the program which boasts a 95% acceptance rate into a 4-year university. The AVID Scholarship Fund is a scholarship generated by teachers and community members who want to assist these dedicated students as they pursue their college dreams.
A minimum of three scholarships of at least $500 will be awarded.
- Enrolled in an AVID elective class for 2+ years
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Acceptance into a 4-year university.
- Successful completion (or current enrollment) of 1 Advanced Placement class or college credit classes.
- Two essays (see AVID teachers for details)
- Proof of 4-year college acceptance
- Most current transcript with Advanced Placement class or college credit class highlighted
Student applications will be scored according to the % shown:
- Represent the AVID ideals of Individual Determination in pursuit of their college ambitions (50%)
- Financial need balanced with student’s ability to successfully complete a 4-year degree (25%)
- 2 Scholarship Essays (25%)