In Conjunction with the Gorge Community Foundation
The Hood River Valley LEO Club advisors have established a scholarship award through the Gorge Community Foundation to recognize a graduating student or students who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to serving our community. The award starts at $250 but may be increased based on financial need and available funds. Winner may be invited to reapply for scholarships for their college sophomore, junior and senior years.
- Demonstrated participation in service to the community. Priority will be given to active members of the Hood River Valley Leo Club. Other graduating seniors may be eligible for recognition if there are no qualifying HRV Leo members graduating or applying.
- Commitment to continue service to community while in college
- Two confidential evaluation forms:
- One must be from someone who is aware of the applicant’s service history (other than a Leo advisor).
- One may be from a teacher or other community member knowledgeable of the applicant’s character and future goals.
- Essay: Discuss the role that service has played in your life, your personal goals, the role you hope service will play in the future, and how this scholarship will affect your plans.
- Interview: Finalists for the scholarship award may be invited to an interview to review the scholarship application and college plans.