The HRV High School Booster Club awards scholarships to students that encourage and promote a positive image of HRVHS. We award several $500 scholarships to students who demonstrate achievement and participation in the classroom, HRVHS activities, and extracurricular activities in our community. The final selection of the scholarships is confidential and will be determined by the HRV High School Booster Club Scholarship Committee based on information provided by the applicants on the completed application form. The scholarship recipients will be notified at the Scholarship and Awards Night presentation on April 21.
- The selected applicants are not precluded from receiving other scholarships. However, students receiving full-ride scholarships are not eligible.
- GPA is not considered, other than as a requirement of qualification.
- Scholarship awards are not based on financial need.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- The applicant’s parent(s) must be a current member of the HRVHS Booster Club
- Applicants must be a current HRVHS senior planning to attend college or trade school
- Applicants must have attended HRVHS for at least two years
- Applicants must be current on all school accounts (uniforms, books, equipment, fees)
- Applicants must not have any Code of Conduct violations
- Applicants must exhibit school and community involvement
- One Confidential Evaluation Form.
- Confidential Evaluation Form may not be from a family member or peer.
- Essay – Choose one (1) topic. (One (1) typed page maximum)
- A “Booster” is a person who offers support and encouragement to others. Who has been your “Booster”, other than your parents?
- Describe “Citizenship” and a situation in which you learned to be a good citizen. How has this experience affected your life?
- What does a college education mean to you?