The Hood River Education Association (HREA) will award a scholarship to an outstanding senior or continuing college student who is either a child/dependent of a HREA member or planning to enter the teaching profession. The money will be paid directly to the student upon verification of college enrollment. In the event the recipient fails to enroll, the money will be given to the first alternate.
- Scholastic achievement
- Plans to enter the teaching profession OR a child/dependent of a HREA member
- Financial need
- Demonstrated community involvement
- Four confidential evaluation forms:
- Two from teachers
- One from an employer (or other individual) who is not related to the applicant
- One character reference
- Essay: Indicate why you chose to enter the teaching profession and state your intended subject area or level. If you are a dependent of a HREA member and not planning to enter the teaching profession, indicate your chosen field of study and why this area interests you.