The family of Gorham Babson has set up a scholarship fund to assist Hood River Valley High School graduating seniors to pursue post-secondary schooling. The award will be applied to tuition and expenses at a college, trade school or training certificate program.
- Applicant’s family must be employed in farming.
- Applicant is goal oriented and self-directed.
- Applicants are limited to those living within the boundaries of Parkdale Elementary School or WyEast Middle School. The student must be a resident of the mid- or upper- Hood River Valley.
- Essay: explain your educational goals and how you plan to achieve these goals.
- Essay: Explain the program/major in which you plan to enroll and why it is important to you.
- One confidential evaluation form from an employer, community member or teacher is helpful but not required.