A total of $3,500 in scholarship money is available. The number of scholarships awarded and the dollar amount awarded is at the discretion of the Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers’ Education Committee. High school seniors and college students are eligible to apply and the funds will be sent directly to the scholarship recipients. Scholarship recipients that are graduating from high school in 2021 will be announced during their respective high school award evenings.
- Applicant must be high school graduates by June 2022 of a Mid-Columbia Area High School and be considered residents in a Mid-Columbia County (Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Klickitat, Skamania)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled in programs related to agriculture
- Applicant must have parent(s) who are members of Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers or whose parent(s) work in the agricultural industry
- Essay: Which college/university do you plan to attend, what major will you pursue, and what has influenced you to choose this major of study? (500 words max).
- Two Confidential Evaluation Forms.
- In a separate document, please indicate which of the following apply to you (if applicable):
- Your parent/guardian is a member of Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers
- Your parent/guardian is not a member of Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers, but is currently working in the tree fruit industry in the Mid-Columbia area