Two $500.00 scholarships will be presented to deserving graduating seniors, who have attended Hood River Valley High School, have demonstrated good character and citizenship, and have initiative, resourcefulness, and high academic record. These senior students should be planning on pursuing a four-year degree with a major in the medical field. The award will be paid to the college of the recipient’s choice upon receipt of verification of college registration. The award will be paid in equal payments each term for one year.
The Cascade Eye Center committee will review all applications and make the final decision on the applicant.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Must be pursuing a 4-year degree with a major in the medical field
1. Essay: Type a brief (100-150 word) summary of your ideas on each statement below:
- Discuss your college major and why you chose it.
- Review your personal goals for the future.
- State why you should be chosen for this scholarship.
- Discuss how you have learned to accept responsibility and how this acceptance of responsibility has affected your values.
2. Three Confidential Evaluation Forms. Cascade Eye Center may choose to verify recommendations.
- One from a teacher, counselor, coach, or club advisor
- One Personal Reference
- One Employment Reference/Volunteer Reference
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Teresa Jeffers at 541-296-1101.