The Arlene Nakamura-Schlosser Memorial Scholarship was established to honor an outstanding student athlete who has demonstrated sportsmanship and leadership to his or her teammates. Arlene attended Hood River Valley High School and participated in various varsity sports. Through her positive attitude she was an inspiration to her teammates.
In her adult life, Arlene was an ardent supporter of Hood River Valley athletics and other activities. Applicants are urged to remember the positive attitude and team spirit that embodied Arlene Nakamura-Schlosser.
- Must be a member of a varsity athletic team at Hood River Valley High School
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Plan to attend a two-year or four-year college/university
- Demonstrate community involvement
- Three references: include phone numbers for each reference.
- Essay: Describe the role athletics has played in your life.
- One Confidential Evaluation Form from one of your high school coaches.