The American Legion is a service organization comprised of men and women who are veterans from any military branch. They are offering a $1000.00 scholarship to an outstanding Hood River Valley High School senior.
In order to receive the award the student must have their college provide Hood River Post 22 with first semester grade establishing a minimum 2.5 gpa, and evidence that the student is continuing in next semester or equivalent.
- Preference is given to an applicant who is a son, daughter, grandchild, or stepchild of a veteran honorably discharged from service (not required)
- Seeking post-high school education
- Leadership, scholarship, citizenship and service
- Financial need
- A document containing the following information:
- Veteran’s name
- Branch of service
- Dates of service
- Your relationship to the Veteran
- is the veteran a member of the American Legion?
- Years of Service
- Statement: What does Americanism mean to you?
- Essay: In 300 words, or less, tell us more about your personal involvement in your community service activities.
The American Legion Hood River Post #22 Scholarship Committee will judge the application. Some of the criteria will be the neatness of the application, depth of thought put into the essay on community service activities and what Americanism means to you, spelling, grammar, grades, and financial need.